When this gluten free, 7 ingredient chocolate chip cookie recipe from Elana’s Pantry popped up on my facebook feed I knew I had to try it! Gluten free, no white sugar, and only 7 ingredients. I knew I’d have some willing taste testers with the 2 boys and my husband, so I fired up the oven and got to it! And oh, let me tell you….. You need to make these!
I made 2 small changes to her recipe, hers was dairy free, and we used butter, hers asked for Celtic Sea Salt, and we used Pink Himalayan. Need dairy free? Click the link above and go check it out!
Here’s what we did!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks. (I like Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks)
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Add in melted butter, honey and vanilla until dough forms
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Scoop dough one level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Press balls of dough down gently
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- IMPORTANT – Cool for 15 minutes (do not handle prior or cookies will break)
Makes 18 cookies
The children give them 2 big thumbs up! 100% kid approved (mom and dad agree)!